W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-xg-lld@w3.org > December 2010

Participating by LLD only Re: Agenda - Dec 2 2010 - LLD XG telecon - 1000 EDT

From: ZENG, MARCIA <mzeng@kent.edu>
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2010 02:32:57 -0500
To: Thomas Baker <tbaker@tbaker.de>, public-xg-lld <public-xg-lld@w3.org>
Message-ID: <C91CB5D9.120F3%mzeng@kent.edu>
I am in another place and have no international phone service. Will try to participate through LLD.
Marcia

On 12/1/10 9:25 PM, "Thomas Baker" <tbaker@tbaker.de> wrote:

Agenda - Dec 2 2010 - LLD XG telecon - 1000 EDT

WEEKLY AGENDAS FOCUS ON A SUBSET OF ISSUES FROM A RUNNING AGENDA AT
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/RunningAgenda

Time - http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Telecons#Connection_info
     http://www.w3.org/Guide/1998/08/teleconference-calendar.html#s_4061
     0700 Seattle - 1000 New York - 1500 London - 1600 Paris - 2300 Kuala Lumpur
     0000 Tokyo - 0200 Sydney (next day)

W3C Library Linked Data Incubator group:
      http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/               - home page
      http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/          - wiki
      http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-lld/  - group list
      http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-lld/     - community list

LLD XG telecons:
      http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Telecons
      Attendance is restricted to registered XG participants and
          persons invited by chairs.

Chair: Tom
Scribe: ?
      http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/ScribeDuty
      http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/Scribing.html (how to)
      http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/TopicsDiscussed#Nicknames

Regrets: Emmanuelle, Joachim, Guenther

======================================================================
ADMIN
-- Minutes of previous telecon
   PROPOSED: To accept minutes of previous telecon:
   http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/11/25-lld-minutes.html

-- Telecons - http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Telecons
     Upcoming next telecons, with scheduled chairs and regrets received:
         2010-12-09 Antoine - Regrets: Tom
         2010-12-16 Emmanuelle
         2010-12-23 No call
         2010-12-30 No call
         2011-01-06 Antoine - Regrets: Tom
         2011-01-13 Tom
         2011-01-20 Emmanuelle
         2011-01-27 Tom
         2011-02-03 Antoine
         2011-02-11 Emmanuelle

======================================================================
FACE-TO-FACE MEETING AT SWIB10 IN COLOGNE, 1 DECEMBER
     http://swib.org/swib10/

     Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-lld/2010Nov/0128.html
     Minutes: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-lld/2010Dec/0005.html
     Present: Alexander, Anette, Antoine, Guenther, Joachim, Kai

     1. Use Cases and Curation - comparing Use Cases [1] to Goals [2],
        Dimensions [3], and Topics [4], and JISC use cases [5].

     2. Outcomes [6] and suggested structure of final report [7].

     3. Terminology
        Based on Mark's mail: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-lld/2010Nov/0121.html

     [1] http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/UseCases
     [2] http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Goals
     [3] http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Dimensions
     [4] http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Topics
     [5] http://obd.jisc.ac.uk/navigate
     [6] http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/F2F_Pittsburgh_Outcomes
     [7] http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/FinalReportOutline

======================================================================
JISC Open Bibliographic Data Guide - http://obd.jisc.ac.uk/navigate

ACTION: Monica and JISC colleagues to introduce and discuss JISC work on Dec 2 call [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/11/25-lld-minutes.html#action02]

======================================================================
CITATION CLUSTER (Ed, Peter, Kai)
-- http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/UseCases#Cluster:_Citations

======================================================================
DRAFT OUTLINE FOR FINAL REPORT
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/FinalReportOutline

   http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/F2F_Pittsburgh_Outcomes

   Use Cases
   Vocabularies
        Vocabulary production and curation
        Use of vocabularies
        Vocabulary development
   Things that should be covered by use cases
   Issues identified as requirements and recommendations for further work
   Deliverables that the XG should achieve within its lifetime

======================================================================
PAUL WALK'S TOOL AND ANALYSIS - should we keep this on the agenda?
    Tool for visualizing relationships between vocabularies, use cases, etc
    http://www.paulwalk.net/lldvis/
    Scraped wiki pages using regexps, put the data
    into a database, then put Web app on top.

    The database fixtures:
    -- https://github.com/paulwalk/lldvis/tree/master/test/fixtures/
    Data that Paul scraped from the wiki:
    -- https://github.com/paulwalk/lldvis/blob/master/db/seeds.rb

======================================================================
GOALS VERSUS REQUIREMENTS
    http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Goals
    http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-lld/2010Nov/0109.html

======================================================================
ONGOING ACTIONS (will by default continue...)

-- Curate Use Case Clusters by end-December
     -- Bibliographic data: curators Gordon, Martin
     -- Authority data: curators Jeff, Alex
     -- Vocabulary alignment: curators Antoine, Michael
     -- Archives and heterogeneous data: curators Karen, Emmanuelle
     -- Citations: curators Ed, Kai, Peter
     -- Digital Objects: curators Mark, Jodi, Asaf

ACTION: Alex, Jeff, Martin, MichaelP elaborate on general purpose IT architecture for dealing with linked data with caching feature [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/10/24-lld-minutes.html#action04]

ACTION: Jeff to write one or two paragraphs on VIAF design discussions [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/11/18-lld-minutes.html#action06]

ACTION: Emma and Antoine to create use case DATA.SEARCH-OPTIMIZATION [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/10/24-lld-minutes.html#action06]

ACTION: GordonD and Antoine to study use cases that relate to vocabulary merging use case [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/10/24-lld-minutes.html#action01]

ACTION: for each use case champion: on the Vocabularies page, link to each URL use case that uses it [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/10/23-lld-minutes.html#action01]

======================================================================
AOB


--
Tom Baker <tbaker@tbaker.de>
Received on Thursday, 2 December 2010 07:33:39 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Thursday, 2 December 2010 07:33:43 GMT