Re: CfC: to add Speech API to Charter; deadline January 24

On Wed, 25 Jan 2012 00:47:45 +0100, Glen Shires <gshires@google.com> wrote:

> Art, Charles,
> We are very pleased to see the positive responses to the CfC.

Me too. FWIW Opera is happy to have this work done. We think it would
ideally be a joint deliverable (despite the fact that we don't like those
in general) between WebApps (where there is a lot of expertise in design
of web APIs, plus a lot of the relevant players) and the Voice group where
there is a lot of specific expertise, unless we can get all the relevant
people to join one or other of those groups.

> In particular, we believe this meets all the criteria that Art suggested
> in [1].

There is the outstanding question of Apple's position...

> What is the next step for adding this to the charter"?

Wait for me to propose a new draft charter. As it happens, I am waiting on
Google people (Ian Fette is the named target because he brought the
initial proposal) to explain their IME proposal better, but I intend to
draft a charter in the next week with whatever we have agreed as a group
to add, and start it along the approval process (it has to be agreed by
the W3C membership as a whole).

cheers

Chaals

     je parle français -- hablo español -- jeg kan litt norsk