RE: Speech Recognition and Text-to-Speech Javascript API - seeking feedback for eventual standardization

Arthur Barstow requested "1. Relatively clear scope of the feature(s).
(This information should be detailed enough for WG members with relevant
IP to be able to make an IP assessment.)"  If you are just looking for a
ballpark, then the Google subset is probably sufficient.  But if you are
instead looking for a coherent set of topics that are likely to be
discussed and potentially spec'd within WebApps, then the HtmlSpeech XG
recommendation would be a better point of reference.

If that document is found to be lacking (or overflowing) in detail such
that it prevents an IP assessment, please let me know.  My personal
recommendation is to start in section 5.1.1 which lists the requirements
supported by at least 80% of interested participants.

For #2 (editor commitments), please add myself to the list.

For #3 (implementation commitments), Nuance will be happy to implement
functionality required of "network speech services".  This is a term
used extensively in the XG recommendation.

For #4 (testing commitments), Nuance will be happy to support this as it
relates to #3.

Thank you