Requirements for new work [Was: Re: Speech Recognition and Text-to-Speech Javascript API]

On 1/9/12 11:12 AM, ext Olli Pettay wrote:
> On 01/09/2012 04:59 PM, Arthur Barstow wrote:
>> As I indicated in [1], WebApps already has a relatively large number of
>> specs in progress and the group has agreed to add some new specs. As
>> such, to review any new charter addition proposals, I think we need at
>> least the following:
>>
>> 3. Implementation commitments from at least two WG members
> Is this really requirement nowadays?

Strictly speaking No. However, I think it is a useful data point when
evaluating a proposal, especially since a spec cannot advance to
Recommendation without two or more implementations. OTOH, I also think
we need to be flexible enough to accommodate a new feature proposal
where there is lots of interest in fleshing out the details yet the
details are still too vague for someone to make an implementation
commitment.

> But anyway, I'm interested to implement the speech API,
> and as far as I know, also other people involved with Mozilla
> have shown interest.

Thanks for this feedback.

-AB