Re: A few high level thoughts about the web api sections 3 and 4.

From: Satish S <satish@google.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2011 16:59:33 +0100
To: olli@pettay.fi
Cc: public-xg-htmlspeech@w3.org

> This is a very different case than file API.
> In this case we want to create request based on some SpeechService.

Sorry, forgot to mention that - SpeechService could be passed as an arg to
the constructor if necessary. Would that be sufficient?

> - The timeout value in QueryOptions doesn't seem to have a precedence in
>> other web apis.
>>
> XMLHttpRequest has timeout

Fair enough, I meant APIs where communication with the provider was
abstracted (e.g. fetching location) unlike XHR which is explicitly for over
the wire communication. Personally I don't see a use case for a web app to
specify a custom timeout and not sure what it buys on top of a UA's built in
network timeout.