W3C WebApps WG

From: Bjorn Bringert <bringert@google.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2011 20:36:39 +0000
To: public-xg-htmlspeech@w3.org
Cc: Satish Sampath <satish@google.com>, Glen Shires <gshires@google.com>
We've discussed internally how we'd like to proceed with the Speech XG
proposal, and concluded that the best way to get wide feedback and
implementation would be to take it to the W3C WebApps WG.
The WebApps WG is a good fit because all major browser-vendors and
lots of independent web-developers are already involved, providing the
necessary diverse perspective and buy-in.
To keep the discussion manageable and within the scope of the WebApps
WG, we’d like to focus on a scripting-only subset of the API. A
scripting-only subset supports the vast majority of the use-cases and
samples in the XG proposal.
--
Bjorn Bringert
Google UK Limited, Registered Office: Belgrave House, 76 Buckingham