From: Stefan Håkansson LK [mailto:stefan.lk.hakansson@ericsson.com]
Sent: Monday, February 07, 2011 3:46 AM
To: Young, Milan; public-xg-htmlspeech@w3.org
Subject: RE: Format and mechanism to stream

Hi Milan, thanks for your response.

I understand your point about codec, but I was not after _what_ codec you are using in a certain demo/test, but rather _how_ the application selects media format. Somehow the application should be able to select format (and this is not only codec, but also e.g. sample rate, bitrate etc.). Have you been thinking anything about an API for that purpose in the group?

WebSockets could be an alternative for transport, in fact we have used it in a demo (but for communication, the media goes via a relay): https://labs.ericsson.com/developer-community/blog/beyond-html5-conversational-voice-and-video-implemented-webkit-gtk

Br, Stefan