Re: Overview paragraph

Agreed. In my view, the point here is to provide a consistent set of methods for content developers to access speech services, whatever their particular capabilities may be.

For example, a developer may want to use a recognizer with a proprietary type of model and an instance of that model on a server somewhere. We should provide a method for someone to specify a URI for the recognizer, a URI for the model, and a place to pass parameters that may be particular to that type of model. It would be up to the recognizer to know how to handle the model and its parameters, but not part of our job here.