RE: Overview paragraph

I don't think we can reach the goal of applications being completely
portable across speech engines  because speech engines will always have
different capabilities, and some of these are unlikely to be in the scope of
our API.  For example, engines will handle different languages, some engines
will be able to handle larger grammars, some applications will make use of
proprietary SLM's, and some applications won't be usable without an engine
that has a certain level of accuracy. So  I agree with Milan that the goal
is not to standardize functionality across speech engines. I think we should
just say " provide the user with a consistent experience across different
platforms and devices" and leave it at that.