Re: [HTML Speech] Let's get started!

Hi Olli,

Adding a speech attribute to the input tag will enable web developers
use existing form fields for receiving user input either via speech or
keyboard/other means. The core use cases are for a text input field,
both single line (for e.g. search box, email subject...) and multiline
text areas, content editable elements (comments/blog posts, email
body, ..). We have tried to mention all such controls/elements which
currently allow text input in the proposal.

I think it is reasonable to consider not adding the speech attribute
for non-text input fields such as date, calendar, numbers, check
boxes, file etc.

Cheers
Satish