Re: R29. Web application may only listen in response to user action

This requirement was motivated by privacy concerns. If the web
application can start speech recognition at any time, it can eavesdrop
on a user.

An alternative to requiring user action would be to have a permission
dialog of some kind. As far as I understand, browser implementors
would not like a proliferation of permission dialogs annoying their
users.

/Bjorn

--
Bjorn Bringert
Google UK Limited, Registered Office: Belgrave House, 76 Buckingham