From: public-xg-htmlspeech-request@w3.org
[mailto:public-xg-htmlspeech-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Bjorn Bringert
Sent: Thursday, November 04, 2010 4:09 PM
To: public-xg-htmlspeech@w3.org
Subject: Text to Speech proposal

I have attached a proposal for how we could add TTS support to HTML by
introducing a <tts> element that shares a lot of functionality with
<audio>.

This is based on an earlier version that I linked to in a thread in
September
(http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-htmlspeech/2010Sep/0018.h
tml).
The main differences are in examples, clarifications, formatting, and
handling of SSML <mark> elements.

--
Bjorn Bringert
Google UK Limited, Registered Office: Belgrave House, 76 Buckingham