Re: Offline webapps and speech UI

Using a threat of hacking as a means of making recognizer behavior lowest
common denominator strikes me as disingenuous. The fact of the matter is
that recognizers, while largely the same, have their own idiosyncracies that
developers sometimes want or need to take advantage of and benefit from. I'd
argue that it's probably going to be hard to hide the recognizer the user is
using anyway because the requests going to/from the recognizers will likely
be traceable. If we're talking about offline mode/embedded recognizer, then
I have no strong opinion - hiding seems fine if we think it's more secure
and the user won't care about it.

We need to get some closure on this point - I can't imagine making the
(network) recognizer user settable and developer settable are compatible,
yet they are both on the list. Looks like the current proposal is to allow
the user agent to refuse to use the recognizer specified by the webapp,
which seems like just another way to say that it isn't developer settable.

-Andy