<device> questions

From: Young, Milan <Milan.Young@nuance.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2010 13:43:13 -0800
To: <public-xg-htmlspeech@w3.org>
Hello,

I'm interested in learning more about the <device> approach first
suggested by Satish:

  * How does the connection peer proposal tie in with streaming speech
audio?  I see support for addStream(), but this whole API seems to be
oriented around peers rather than client/server.  Is this just a pattern
to follow, or would we try to re-use verbatim?

  * Any thoughts on using WebSockets to transmit the data?  Lower
overhead might make it a better choice for streaming compared to
chunking.  Bidirectional communication would enable additional use cases
and would probably simplify the process of canceling a request.

  * Is anyone aware of standards work exposing the microphone via
<device>, or would this be virgin territory?  Privacy is an area where
we will have a lot of requirements.

Thanks