RE: "Protocol" requirement - Interpretation

From: Young, Milan <Milan.Young@nuance.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2010 11:19:03 -0800
To: "Bjorn Bringert" <bringert@google.com>
Cc: <public-xg-htmlspeech@w3.org>
XmlHttpRequest may work fine, but it assumes a largely bypassed UA to handle other requirements such as session tracking.  It also assumes a SS with an HTTP server.

So while I share your optimism on these points, I agree with Michael that we need to be careful.

Any objections with adding this to spec even if it may later be rendered trivial by device approach?

Thanks