RE: R13. Web application author should have ability to customize speech recognition graphical user interface

Here's a possible tweak on this one.

"Web apps should be able to customize all aspects of the user interface for speech recognition, except that end users must have a clear indication whenever the microphone is listening to the user".

The reason I suggest this is that I think it's more specific and more consistent with R32 "R32. End users need a clear indication whenever microphone is listening to the user", in not calling out the specific aspects of the user interface (i.e. security and privacy) where it should not be customizable.

On the other hand, my suggestion wouldn’t cover any possible cases where security and privacy can be compromised in the user interface of a speech app by something other than surreptitious recording, if there are any, so we might need some combination of the wordings from both proposals.