Re: UA <=> SS Protocol

From: Marc Schroeder <marc.schroeder@dfki.de>
Date: Thu, 09 Dec 2010 11:38:20 +0100
To: "Young, Milan" <Milan.Young@nuance.com>
CC: Satish Sampath <satish@google.com>, Bjorn Bringert <bringert@google.com>, Robert Brown <Robert.Brown@microsoft.com>, Dave Burke <daveburke@google.com>, public-xg-htmlspeech@w3.org
Hi Milan,

On 07.12.10 23:40, Young, Milan wrote:
> Other than Google, I’m not aware of any vendors that support HTTP as an
> open protocol of communication with recognition/synthesis resources.

just to mention it, our open source MARY TTS uses a simple HTTP protocol
[1] which is used with AJAX on our web demo [2]. It doesn't come close
to the type of control I would like to have from a webapp's perspective,
but it's a start.

That's why networked TTS is of interest to me in this group...

Cheers,
Marc

[1] http://mary.dfki.de:59125/documentation.html
[2] http://mary.dfki.de:59125/

--
Dr. Marc Schröder, Senior Researcher at DFKI GmbH
Coordinator EU FP7 Project SEMAINE http://www.semaine-project.eu

Homepage: http://www.dfki.de/~schroed
Email: marc.schroeder@dfki.de
Phone: +49-681-85775-5303
Postal address: DFKI GmbH, Campus D3_2, Stuhlsatzenhausweg 3, D-66123
Saarbrücken, Germany
--
Official DFKI coordinates:
Geschaeftsfuehrung: