Re: UA <=> SS Protocol

From: Satish Sampath <satish@google.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2010 20:27:09 +0000
To: Bjorn Bringert <bringert@google.com>
Cc: "Young, Milan" <Milan.Young@nuance.com>, Marc Schroeder <marc.schroeder@dfki.de>, Robert Brown <Robert.Brown@microsoft.com>, Dave Burke <daveburke@google.com>, public-xg-htmlspeech@w3.org
> > Our recommendation would still need to state that all Speech Services and
> UAs must support XmlHttpRequest as a means of communication.

Top browsers/UAs already support it and the ones who haven't done yet will
most likely have it by the time our XG produces the deliverables late next

Regarding speech services supporting it - XMLHttpRequest is a client side
technology implemented in UAs and what servers receive will be standard http
requests. They don't have to do anything special if they already provide a
http API.