Re: UA <=> SS Protocol

From: Satish Sampath <satish@google.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2010 20:27:09 +0000
To: Bjorn Bringert <bringert@google.com>
Cc: "Young, Milan" <Milan.Young@nuance.com>, Marc Schroeder <marc.schroeder@dfki.de>, Robert Brown <Robert.Brown@microsoft.com>, Dave Burke <daveburke@google.com>, public-xg-htmlspeech@w3.org

> > Our recommendation would still need to state that all Speech Services and
> UAs must support XmlHttpRequest as a means of communication.

Top browsers/UAs already support it and the ones who haven't done yet will
most likely have it by the time our XG produces the deliverables late next
year.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XMLHttpRequest#Cross-domain_request

Regarding speech services supporting it - XMLHttpRequest is a client side
technology implemented in UAs and what servers receive will be standard http
requests. They don't have to do anything special if they already provide a
http API.

--
Cheers
Satish