Re: Geospatial XG telecon - 21 June

Chris,

Glad you'll be able to join on Thursday. The incubator's charter
expires next Saturday, so we have to get neogeo ensconced somewhere
and figure out if / how to propose a geosemantics interest group as a
follow on.

There has been plenty of discussion about geo:lat and geo:long. With
due respect to Dan for being a pioneer here, the consensus has
generally been that a different vocabulary would more clearly mark a
transition to feature-based tags. We could certainly, however, add
them as feature properties to neogeo and express the assertion that
taken together they also should be considered to map to the general
feature model with point geometry in the same way as georss:point. Is
this valuable? It would be useful feedback, of which we have not
gotten very much to date.

Cheers,

Josh