Re: [georss] GeoRSS meeting review

Sounds like a good meeting, I'm glad there's energy here to keep the
GeoRSS interoperability process moving forward.

There's still a -huge- open issue:

   "make[ing] the wording on W3C deprecation stronger"  is not
sufficient to persuade  Yahoo and flickr to move millions of users to
GeoRSS-simple.   Without enormous support from W3C forked W3C GeoRSS
/GeoRSS-simple is fait accompli, permanent.

While the GeoRSS group is working on issues like multipoint and time
representation and GeoRSS GML/KML forks, I recall the defining focus of
the W3C GeoXG was to settle W3C adoption on GeoRSS-simple, but the
GeoXG group has so far instead focused on other interesting, but less
vital topics like GeoSWRL.

I'm wondering what it will take to influence the full W3C membership to
put it's full weight behind  GeoRSS interoperability so that Yahoo and
Microsoft and Google don't lead users off into separately geocoded
universes.

- Mike