Re: [georss] top 50 feed namespaces

From: Andrew Turner <georss@highearthorbit.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2006 13:43:46 -0400
To: "Gregor J. Rothfuss" <gregor@apache.org>
Cc: georss@lists.eogeo.org, public-xg-geo@w3.org

Gregor J. Rothfuss wrote:
> http://googlereader.blogspot.com/2006/08/namespaced-extensions-in-feeds.html
>
> only the w3c geo namespace shows up in their stats at 0.68%, no sign of
> georss or gml.
>
> they seem receptive to discussion. it would be interesting to see more
> than the top 50, and attach numbers to these percentages.
>
> another thing would be for blogger to add location information to their
> blogs, geourl-style. but that would probably be the start of geo-spam..

I'm amazed that Blogger doesn't even have Syndicated output at all for
feeds, except for Pro. You have to use Feedburner. Feedburner has
built-in support for "Geo" tags, but not GeoRSS.

You can just put in GeoRSS markup in your blogger entry, or
Microformat, but this will be converted to &lt;georss:point&gt;  in
the feedburner markup.

The better target is Wordpress, or similar users that have more
control over the format of their site and syndicated feeds. There will
be one available for use very soon.

Andrew

--
Andrew Turner