Re: why Berlin?

Evgeny Morozov says that if back then there had been Facebook and Twitter,
the Berlin Wall would still be standing [1]

But yes, +1 to bringing people together. That's the idea of the Global Civil
Society.
The Federated Social Web will converge the technical network structure with
the social network structure.

Markus

[1] See http://www.universalsubtitles.org/en/videos/leikbqEI12hh/ at time
6:50