Re: Reminder: Call Today at 20:00UTC - Send introductions via email

Unfortunately I wonıt be able to participate in tonightıs call due to a
family commitment. However, I wanted to send some of my thoughts, ahead of
the call, on where we stand from my perspective.

First of all, in the OneSocialWeb <http://onesocialweb.org> project, we have
begun the task of implementing Ostatus ­ we have already demonstrated
WebFinger lookups (outward-facing). We are going to be tackling
comprehensive webfinger support and PubSubHubbub over the coming weeks. Our
goal is to be able to demonstrate both Ostatus interop (with e.g. Identi.ca)
and XMPP-based interop with other stacks that implement the OneSocialWeb
protocol specifications by June ­ that is, in time for the planned Federated
Social Web Summit in Berlin.

I hope that other efforts are keeping this date in mind as a place to
showcase, test and discuss interoperability issues. I also want to use this
as an opportunity to discuss lessons learned from this race towards interop
and a place to suggest course corrections if needed.

By the way, if anyone wants OneSocialWeb test accounts, please email me and
Iıll get you set up.

Thanks,
Dan Appelquist
Vodafone Group R&D