Re: OneSocialWeb Project Status

From: Andreas Kuckartz <A.Kuckartz@ping.de>
Date: 23 Jun 2011 20:19:26 +0200
To: federated-social-web@googlegroups.com
Cc: "Appelquist, Daniel, VF-Group" <Daniel.Appelquist@vodafone.com>, "W3C Federated Social Web Incubator" <public-xg-federatedsocialweb@w3.org>, onesocialweb@googlegroups.com
Am 22.06.2011 15:11, schrieb Appelquist, Daniel, VF-Group:
> It's our view that the OneSocialWeb open source community
> has not grown to the point where it can become self-sustaining, but if
> anyone would like to step forward to take ownership of the code-base we
> would be more than happy to discuss this.

While there is no self-sustaining community around OneSocialWeb there
are other communities which might become interested in
using/integrating/taking over parts of it.

One project I am thinking about is Apache Wave (also using XMPP and
Java) which is currently in the Apache Incubator:
https://incubator.apache.org/wave/

BTW: I noticed that OpenFire since recently (last released version
3.7.0)  is also using the Apache Licence 2.0.

Cheers,
Andreas