WebID Incubator Group started at W3C

From: Henry Story <henry.story@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2011 15:07:36 +0100
To: federated-social-web@googlegroups.com, public-xg-federatedsocialweb@w3.org
Hi all,

	I have been meaning to publicise the creating of the WebID Incubator Group at the W3C. The talk about encryption on this list reminded me of this being on my todo list. So here I go.

The charter for the group is here

As you will notice, the Federated Social Web group is high on the priorities of groups
we are seeking feedback from. Joining the mailing list is easy. Just follow the instructions  here

So what have we been doing the past month? Essentially just moving all the work of the past years over to the W3C, including a pretty nice looking, but unfinished spec

We have also filled out a database of issues to think about, to clarify, and to research

  It would be great to have some more implementations of WebId from different federated social web players, so we can see what the issues people have, find solutions for them, and fix the specification where needed, as well as improve out still to be written tests.

   Hopefully I will get a bit more time myself to do some coding too in the near future and implement the federated social web tests as I promised to do quite a few months ago :-)

	Henry Story

Social Web Architect