Re: OMA White Paper on social networks

OMA folks (in particular Goix Laurent Walter),

   Thanks, first great white paper! While after our conference, at least
me (and perhaps some others in the Federated Social Web XG) went on
vacation for the summer, we're getting ready to kick back into gear and
started out by reading your white paper.  I've forwarded your liaison
request to W3C management.

  I've got a few questions:

1) You mention lots of interfaces (MSN-1 and 4,5 in particular). After
reading your report, while I agreed with most of the recommendations, I
could not tell if you were planning on getting new APIs work. If so, we
should make sure all the APIs work with DAP and other related APIs ala
OpenSocial.

2) Also, what we had difficulty determining was how to treat the special
features of mobile phones (geolocation comes to mind immediately). This
may be related to MSN-2.

So in general keep us updated. Co-ordinating API work is always useful.

On a minor note, I noticed as regards talking about "relationships" you
seemed to lean towards FOAF. You mean "kinds of relationships", i.e. a
taxonomy of relationships? If you just mean a list of contacts, perhaps
you should consider PortableContacts or the latest vCard as well (which
can be transformed to RDF). I know DAP is working on mapping
FOAF-vCard-Portable Contacts.

    cheers,
           harry