Introduction: Robin Upton

From: Robin Upton <robin2010@altruists.org>
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2011 18:48:01 +0600
To: public-xg-federatedsocialweb@w3.org
I have not joined any conferences yet due to substandard
telecommunications here in Gazipur (Bangladesh), but still hope to in
future. I have been interested in decentralised social software for some
years, inspired by a design for a decentralised accounting system
(http://altruists.org/ae). At that time there were no suitable platforms
on which to code it, so I designed my own. The focus was designing a
system capable of passing not only  passive data such as news feeds, but
also instructions between system nodes, which are XML-Virtual Machines.
These are general purpose XML crunching engines, so I have consequently
done more thinking about aspects of access control and multi-machine
scripting. The design is called Friend2Friend (http://altruists.org/ff).

Robin Upton