Von: public-xg-emotion-request@w3.org [mailto:public-xg-emotion-request@w3.org] Im Auftrag von Marc Schroeder
Gesendet: Montag, 3. November 2008 13:58
An: EMOXG-public
Betreff: [EMOXG] Writing the final report, and last phone meetings

Dear group members,

I have uploaded a first skeleton of our final report at [1]. The report
is member-confidential at the moment, because of its preliminary nature.
Group members should have no problem accessing this with their W3C
password. Apologies to the observers on this list, we will make the
document publicly readable when it starts looking complete, probably
around 13 November.

The report is in the format prescribed by W3C. The current draft
includes an extensive section structure, and a few more-or-less complete
spec sections. (I have shamelessly borroughed formatting code from the
EMMA and PLS specifications, I hope that is OK).

You will see that I have done the leap from our requirements ("Core 1",
"Meta 2", etc.) to element names (<emotion>, <modality>, etc.). I see no
reason not to do it, given that we have suggestions for all elements
envisaged at the moment, and it makes the work look more "concrete". The
mindset should be, I think, "on the way to a First Public Working
Draft", i.e. within a small number of months in the MMI group, we should
be able to develop this document into such a FPWD.

The table of contents looks long, and indeed it is long; however, I
think it is totally acceptable if we leave some of the sections
incomplete, with just short statements of the kinds of content that will
ultimately go there. Sections we SHOULD complete are 1. Introduction and
2. Elements of an Emotion Markup. All other sections can be completed to
the extent that time permits, I think.

Comments on the document structure are very welcome; they should be
accompanied with the willingness to help fix the problem! :-)

AUTHORS NEEDED
--------------

Now, I need the help of group members, who are willing to write
high-quality contributions to this document. In some sections, I have
written down ideas for who I think COULD write / contribute to that
section, based on recent activities in the spec-proposal write-up and
participation in the face-to-face meeting. These and other active group
members are explicitly invited to come forward and make suggestions for
writing contributions. You will be expected to:

* commit yourself to a list of sections by Wednesday 5 Nov;
* participate in the phone meeting on Thursday 6 Nov (see below);
* provide a *publication-quality* XHTML contribution in the format used
in the draft document, by Wednesday 12 Nov;
* participate in the phone meeting on Thursday 13 Nov (see below);
* help cross-read and homogenise until 20 Nov, the publication date.

This leaves only 10 days for individual contributions. However, for
writing spec sections, you can re-use the tables and templates I have
put in existing example sections, so you should be fine.

IMPORTANT: In writing a section, try to reflect the overall state of the
discussion, as reflected in:

- the minutes of the f2f [2][3][4][5];
- the pre-f2f summary document [6];
- the feedback to that document [7].

In particular, where there is no consensus, this must be mentioned in an
ISSUE note.

In order to write your section, download [1] as "HTML only". You could
use your favourite text editor to write your section; however, I
RECOMMEND using W3C's XHTML browser/editor Amaya [8]; in "view source"
mode, you can either edit the document in WYSIWYG mode or in source
mode, and it does XHTML well-formedness verification. Be careful with
other HTML editor software; make sure it creates correct XHTML!

Phone meetings
--------------

The last two phone meetings of this Incubator group will be dedicated to
write-up discussions around the Final report.

Do verify the local times below: the time slot in UTC has shifted
according to daylight-saving time changes in the US and Europe.

* Thursday 6 November, 15:00 UTC
* Thursday 13 November, 15:00 UTC

US West coast: 07:00
US East coast: 10:00
London: 15:00
Berlin: 16:00
Athens: 17:00
Beijing: 23:00

Best wishes,
Marc

PS: Intense write-up work ahead of us; on the other hand, it is like
"harvest time", i.e. we are bringing together all the bits and pieces
that we have worked on in the last months, and we will see they are
many! :-)

[1] http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/emotion/group/XGR-emotionml.html
[2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-emotion/2008Oct/0019.html
[3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-emotion/2008Oct/0020.html
[4] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-emotion/2008Oct/0021.html
[5] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-emotion/2008Oct/0018.html
[6]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-emotion/2008Oct/att-0007/state-of-specification-2008-10-20.pdf
[7]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-emotion/2008Oct/att-0015/feedback-to-draft-2008-10-20.pdf
[8] http://www.w3.org/Amaya/User/BinDist.html

--
Dr. Marc Schröder, Senior Researcher at DFKI GmbH
Coordinator EU FP7 Project SEMAINE http://www.semaine-project.eu

Homepage: http://www.dfki.de/~schroed
Email: schroed@dfki.de
Phone: +49-681-302-5303
Postal address: DFKI GmbH, Campus D3_2, Stuhlsatzenhausweg 3, D-66123
Saarbrücken, Germany
--
Official DFKI coordinates:
Geschaeftsfuehrung: