[EMOXG] Usefulness of SMIL

From: Hannes Pirker <hannes@ofai.at>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2007 21:57:48 +0200 (CEST)
To: public-xg-emotion@w3.org

Dear EMOXG-all

in the Munich face2face meeting we dediced to inspect a
number of existing XML-based representation languages
under the point-of-view of being possibly useful  for fullfilling
demands from the UseCaseRequirements
(cf. http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/emotion/wiki/UseCasesRequirements
)

I volunteered to have a look at SMIL and the results can now be found in
the following Wiki-document:

http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/emotion/wiki/EvaluationSMIL

This document is not yet linked from any other Wiki-page. I leave it
to your decision how you want to organize the descriptions for all
these XML-languages: whether to finally collect it all in one file or
link different descriptions into a 'Master-document' etc.

FYI: I will be on holiday and not really reachable from Thursday 17 May - 1 June, i.e. until the Meeting in Paris.

best
Hannes

--
Hannes Pirker  -- Austrian Research Inst. for Artificial Intelligence     --
hannes(DOT)pirker~AT~ofai.at +43/1/532 4621-3  www.ofai.at/~hannes.pirker --