[EMOXG] Emotion Markup Language Incubator Group starting again: Membership issues

From: Marc Schroeder <schroed@dfki.de>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 10:30:47 +0100
To: EMOXG-public <public-xg-emotion@w3.org>

Dear all,

it took a while, but finally the emotion incubator group is coming to
life again, and is going for a second year of activities. Our main aim
this year will be to:

*  prioritise the requirements in view of applicability and transparency;
* formulate a specification draft for an Emotion Markup Language;
* illustrate how to combine the Emotion Markup Language with existing
markup languages.

You are welcome to participate; here is how.

1. W3C members

Some W3C groups have acted as "sponsors" for this new incubator group;
still, they need to formally joing the group. Only your AC
representative can do that -- make them go to:

Groups who have already joined

Deutsche Telekom AG, T-Com (Felix Burkhardt)
Image, Video and Multimedia Systems Lab (IVML-NTUA) (Kostas Karpouzis)

Groups who have shown interest but who have not yet formally joined

Loquendo, S.p.A. (Paolo Baggia, Enrico Zovato)
Chinese Academy of Sciences (Jianhua Tao)
SRI International (Bill Jarrolds)
Fraunhofer Gesellschaft (Christian Peter)

Other groups are of course also invited to join; if they are not listed,
it only means I am not aware of their interest at this stage.

2. Invited experts

If your institution is not a W3C member, you can still participate in
the group as an "invited expert".

Here is the list of people who I believe have explicitly told me they
would like to continue their work or join:

Björn Schuller, TUM
Catherine Pelachaud, Paris8
Dylan Evans
Eva Oliveira
Hannes Pirker, OFAI
Idoia Zearreta, EHU
Jean-Claude Martin, LIMSI
Laurence Devillers, LIMSI
Myriam Lamolle, Paris8

Is your name missing from the list? If so, I'm sorry, please get in
touch! I will send a "consolidated" list of "experts to invite" to W3C
staff, who will then hopefully contact you about the formalities.

Best regards,

PS: If anyone would like to unsubscribe from this list, that is of
course possible at any time -- see the link called "unsubscribe" on

Dr. Marc Schröder, Senior Researcher
DFKI GmbH, Campus D3_2, Stuhlsatzenhausweg 3, D-66123 Saarbrücken, Germany
official DFKI coordinates:
Dr. Walter Olthoff
Amtsgericht Kaiserslautern, HRB 2313