W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-xg-emotion@w3.org > April 2007

Re: [EMOXG] Minutes for phone meeting on 23 April 2007

From: Jean-Claude MARTIN <martin@limsi.fr>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2007 20:31:29 +0200
Message-ID: <46363601.7060405@limsi.fr>
To: "Burkhardt, Felix" <Felix.Burkhardt@t-systems.com>
CC: public-xg-emotion@w3.org

    Hi,

Thanks for the minutes and apologies for having missed this meeting.

As agreed I inserted references to use case examples.
I used plain text references to use cases (eg "Use case 1X "..." 
requires the annotation of ...").

    Best regards,

Jean-Claude


Burkhardt, Felix wrote:
> Hi all
> Please find the minutes of our phone meeting here
> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/emotion/minutes-2007-04-23.html
>
> Best,
> felix
>
> Text Version:
>
>    [1]W3C
>
>       [1] http://www.w3.org/
>
>              Phone meeting of the Emotion Incubator Group
>                              23 April 2007
>
>    [2]Agenda
>
>       [2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-emotion/2007Apr/0003.html
>
>    See also: [3]IRC log
>
>       [3] http://www.w3.org/2007/04/23-emotion-irc
>
> Attendees
>
>    Present Marc Schroeder, Rob_Clark, Paolo Baggia, Enrico Zovato,
>           Felix_Burkhardt, Catherine Pelachaut, Kostas Karpouzis,
>           Jianhua Tao.
>
>    Regrets
>           Hannes_Pirker, Christian_Peter, Myriam_Lamolle
>
>    Chair
>           Marc Schröder
>
>    Scribe
>           Felix Burkhardt
>
> Contents
>
>      * [4]Topics
>      * [5]Review the minutes of previous meeting
>      * [6]Future of the Emotion Incubator group
>      * [7]Publications
>      * [8]Date of next meeting
>      * [9]Summary of Action Items
>      _________________________________________________________
>
> Review the minutes of previous meeting
>
>    <marc> ACTION: Marc to restructure (again) the consolidated use case
>    requirements as agreed, by 13 April: consolidated use case
>    requirements document is here:
>    [10]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/emotion/wiki/UseCasesRequiremen
>    ts
>
>      [10] http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/emotion/wiki/UseCasesRequirements
>
>    <marc>ACTION: Marc to collect all slides and upload them in the
>    restricted space of the emoxg group: I have also uploaded the slides
>    from the f2f, Interesting bit of work on content
>
>    <marc> ACTION: Jean-Claude, Christian and Jianhua to add links to
>    example for each point in the requirements document: link to a use
>    case example where this feature is required, by 27 April
>
>    <marc> Jianhua, you intend to link to websites?
>
>    <marc> I thought the link was going to be mentioning the number of
>    the use case where the requirements are needed, both kinds of links
>    are very welcome
>
>    <Jianhua> I will put some links to the website, which contains some
>    application of user case 3
>
>    <marc> ACTION: volunteers to discuss existing ML in view of our
>    requirements document by 4 June
>
>    <Jianhua> some description will also be made.
>
>    <marc> I think there was a list in the mintues of the f2f
>
>    <kkarpou> the minutes are at:
>    [11]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/emotion/minutes-2007-03-26.html
>    , Enrico volunteers for EMMA and SSML, Hannes volunteers for SMIL,
>    Björn volunteers for the HUMAINE EARL, ??? for the HUMAINE Database
>    annotation scheme, ??? for IMDI, ??? for InkML
>
>      [11] http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/emotion/minutes-2007-03-26.html
>
>    <marc>ACTION: Felix to formulate a number of examples for some types
>    of emotion markup before the next phone meeting
>
>    <marc> this will be postponed until the next phone meeting
>
>    <marc> ACTION: Hannes to ask Tanja to point us to a short list of
>    the most important emotion theories and associated emotion
>    descriptions that we should definitely cover in view of a
>    technological context. Tanja Bänziger will be able to join the
>    Paris meeting. She suggests we have a good justification for our
>    choice of emotion descriptions, no need to be complete.
>
> Future of the Emotion Incubator group
>
>    Paolo: three options:
>    ... first if group wants to continue as an own WG, second: to
>    continue as part of aonother group and include the charter, might be
>    the MMI group.
>    Paolo Baggia contacted W3C lead Kazuyuki Ashimura and the Chair of
>    the MMI WG Deborah Dahl ... the chair is happy to think about that
>    but needs a call with Marc, third option: no further activity
>
>    marc: 4th option: recharter as new incubator group whish has
>    slightly different charter
>
>    <marc> I have phoned Steve Bratt on Friday: 4th option: continue for
>    one year as new incubator group.
>    My feeling is that the 4th option is most promising; it would give
>    us time to become more concrete before seeking strong industry
>    support.
>
>    Paolo: important for decision: what outcome do we want for industry?
>
>    marc: outcome of second year would be draft spec.
>    ... a way to make it conrete and less abstract
>
>    Felix: thinks continue as incubator grou makes sense cause topic is
>    quite innovative but would like to phone Marc with MMI chair in
>    parallel to consider option to be subgroup of MMI
>
>    <marc> Can people report on attempts to contact industrial W3C
>    members?
>
>    Paolo_BaggiaEnric: who from industry to contact?
>
>    marc: contact people on informal basis is most promising
>    ... to get impression who is actually prrpared to work on the topic.
>
>    Jianhua: can ask tomorrow in SSML meeting
>    ... there re many paople from industry and spread the word.
>    ... will mention that states of discussion is how to continue work.
>
>    <marc> I looked at MMI charter and it would fit to add Emotion ML
>    from my point of view
>
>    <Jianhua> this is also a good way
>
>    <marc> ... it would need a modification of the MMI Charter
>
>    Paolo_BaggiaEnric: can organize meeting between marc and MMI chair
>
>    marc: has time second half of may
>
>    Paolo_BaggiaEnric: think to take more time for another year is good
>    idea.
>
>    Rob Clark: 4th option good idea also to share ideas with other
>    people
>    ... we just delay the other options for a year.
>
>    cpelacha: good idea to have more time to make suggestions to
>    industry.
>
>    kkarpou: thinks at the moment we're closer to research and another
>    year would halp clarification.
>
>    Paolo_BaggiaEnric: thinks a questionnaire would be good about that
>    matter.
>
>    <marc> So everyone here seems to agree that the fourth option is
>    promising; let's see what the rest of the group thinks about it.
>
>    <scribe> ACTION: marc to set up questionnaire on how to proceed the
>    work (4 options) by tomorrow recorded in [12]action01]
>
>    <Jianhua> great!
>
>    <scribe> ACTION: Paolo_BaggiaEnric and marc to set up phone meeting
>    with MMI Chair in the early moring by second half of may [recorded
>    in [13]action02]
>
>    Paolo_BaggiaEnric: MMI chair wil also invite marc to meeting in June
>    in Treviso.
>
> Publications
>
>    <marc> There was a paper submitted to ACII
>    In the pipeline: a section for the HUMAINE Handbook: orinigal idea
>    was to report on EARL but now it's be better to write on EmotionXG
>    work, the "real" deadline: end of Maya finished version is than
>    needed than.
>
>    <marc> Who wants to be a co-author?
>
>    <Jianhua> I would like to contribute
>
>    FelixYes, me ,too.
>
>    marc and Hannes and Myriam Lamolle already are authors, discussion
>    continues offline.
>
> Date of next meeting
>
>    <marc> only option I see for a phone meeting before the f2f is 21
>    May
>
>    <Jianhua> it's ok for me
>
>    <kkarpou> date is OK with me
>
>    Paolo_BaggiaEnric date ok.
>
>    cpelacha: date ok, time as today
>
>    <marc> any constraints about the time? so same time as todaY?
>
>    <Jianhua> wonderful
>
>    next meeting 21st may 11 UTC
>
>    <marc> How about hte f2f? Who would be able to come? 7 June, Paris
>
>    <marc> Catherine: Jean-Claude will be there
>
>    <kkarpou> I will have to check with the dates of the plenary
>
>    <Felix> I have to be in Berlin on the 7th at 4 pm ;-(
>
>    marc: if not enough people are there the f2f might be held at the
>    ACI conference in Lisbon in sep.
>
>    Paolo_BaggiaEnric: have to check but probably can come to Paris.
>
>    <scribe> ACTION: marc to set up second questionnaire whether people
>    come to Paris f2f by tomorrow recorded in [14]action03]
>
>    marc hopefully more discussion on content on the next phone meeting
>
> Summary of Action Items
>
>    [NEW] ACTION: marc to set up questionnaire on how to proceed the
>    work (4 options) by tomorrow recorded in [15]action01]
>    [NEW] ACTION: marc to set up second questionnaire whether people
>    come to Paris f2f by tomorrow recorded in [16]action03]
>    [NEW] ACTION: Paolo_BaggiaEnric and marc to set up phone meeting
>    with MMI Chair in the early moring by second half of may [recorded
>    in [17]action02]
>
>    [End of minutes]
>      _________________________________________________________
>
>
>     Minutes formatted by David Booth's [18]scribe.perl version 1.128
>     ([19]CVS log)
>     $Date: 2007/04/24 07:43:05 $
>
>      [18] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
>      [19] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
>
>
>
> Felix Burkhardt
>
> T-Systems Enterprise Services GmbH
> Project & Design, Business Unit Telco
> Line of Business Products & Services
>
> PU4, Innovative Communication 
> Services&Access Solutions
> Goslarer Ufer 35, 10589 Berlin
> Telefon: +49 30 3497 2218
> Telefax: +49 30 3497 2991
> mobil: 0151 16710189
> E-Mail: felix.burkhardt@t-systems.com
> Internet: <http://www.t-systems.com>  
>
> T-Systems Enterprise Services GmbH
> Aufsichtsrat: René Obermann (Vorsitzender)
> Executive Committee: Lothar Pauly (Vorsitzender)*, Helmut Binder, Albert Henn, Olaf Heyden*, Katrin Horstmann, Ulrich Kemp, Axel Knobe*,
> Wilfried Peters*, Dr. Herbert Schaaff*, Zvezdana Seeger*
> Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Frankfurt am Main HRB 55933
> Sitz der Gesellschaft: Frankfurt am Main
> WEEE-Reg.-Nr. DE87523644
> *Geschäftsführer gem. § 35 GmbHG 
>
>
>
>   
Received on Monday, 30 April 2007 18:31:13 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 8 January 2008 14:21:17 GMT