[EMOXG] Glossary terms

From: Ian Wilson <ian@neon.ai>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 00:07:52 +0900
To: public-xg-emotion@w3.org

Here are the terms used in my use cases that I thought perhaps needed
clarification and could be used in a glossary:

personality : configuration of a base system that determines the way in
which it processes information and produces actions.
event : an action or occurrence, for example receiving an email.
emotion engine : software system that is part of a larger software
system to give that larger system emotional capabilities.
facial / body gesture parameters :  contractions or activations or
individual muscles .
stream of complex events : real time, continuous flow of data that
represents real world actions, for example stock prices.
reward : an event that the system (or systems user) determines to be
beneficial to it.
penalty : an event that the system (or systems user) determines to be
detrimental to it.
confidence : how sure the system is that a certain event is of a certain
type.
category (context) : Event s are classified into a small number of
categories , these can be labeled in various forms that correspond to
the application in which the system is being used.  From a functional
perspective they represent energy, security and resources.
type : within each category events are given a specific type. The type
and category of an event determines the way in which it is evaluated and
processed.

I would be happy to clarify any points further if required.

Best,

Ian