W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-xg-emotion@w3.org > October 2006

[EMOXG] meeting record: 2006-10-09 Emotion XG telecon

From: Burkhardt, Felix <Felix.Burkhardt@t-systems.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 13:34:06 +0200
Message-Id: <6439282641581441A36F7F6F83ED2ED20129239E@S4DE8PSAAFQ.mitte.t-com.de>
To: <public-xg-emotion@w3.org>

Dear all
The [1]record of the second Emotion XG telecon is ready for review.

  [1]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/emotion/minutes-2006-10-09.html

Best,
Felix


minutes as text:

9 Oct 2006

   [2]Agenda

      [2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-emotion/2006Oct/0004.html

   See also: [3]IRC log
   . Previous: [4]2006-09-04

      [3] http://www.w3.org/2006/10/09-emotion-irc
      [4] http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/emotion/minutes-2006-09-04.html

Attendees

   Present
          Alejandra Garcia Rojas, Felix Burkhardt, Ian Wilson, Marc
          Schröder, Paolo Baggia, Rob Clark, Enrico Zovato, Christian
          Peter, Juan Montero, Catherine Pelachaud, Jianhua Tao, Rachel
          Yager, Kostas Karpouzis, Stacy Marsella

   Regrets
   Chair
          Marc Schröder

   Scribe
          Felix Burkhardt

Contents

     * [5]Topics
         1. [6]Minutes of previous meeting
         2. [7]Reviewing action items from previous meeting
         3. [8]Discussion of use cases
         4. [9]Extract requirements from use cases
         5. [10]Date of next meeting
         6. [11]Any other business
     * [12]Summary of Action Items
     _________________________________________________________

Minutes of previous meeting

   last minutes agreed by everyone

Reviewing action items from previous meeting

   ACTION: Marc to circulate usecase summary document - due end of this
   week [recorded in
   [13]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/emotion/minutes-2006-09-04.html
   #action01]

     [13] http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/emotion/minutes-2006-09-04.html#action01

   Done, recorded in
   [14]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-emotion/2006Sep/00
   08.html
   ACTION:everybody to write one or more use cases for their own work
   or for what they can think of as other people's work - due October 8
   (i.e., before the next phone conference) [recorded in
   [15]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/emotion/minutes-2006-09-04.html
   #action02]

     [14] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-emotion/2006Sep/0008.html
     [15] http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/emotion/minutes-2006-09-04.html#action02

   Done, recorded in
   [16]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-emotion/

     [16] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-emotion/

Discussion of use cases

   Enrico: categorize usecases into subcases

   Rob: was useful to see what other people need

   ryager: can we have more information on the background of the people
   writing the usecases?

   Marc: how about linking anonymous usecases to concrete projects?

   Rob: we could do that on the public mailing list

   Marc: probably good, because the usecases should not be overloaded

   ryager: clarifying request; just wants better discussion not
   necessarily in the use case document, so mailing list is ok.

   <scribe> ACTION: everybody who wants to comment on their use cases
   on public mailing list - due 16th oct. [recorded in
   [17]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/emotion/minutes-2006-10-09.html
   #action01]

     [17] http://www.w3.org/2006/10/09-emotion-minutes.html#action01

   Marc: e.g. provide a literature reference

   <IanWilson> i finally got in..

   Alejandra: suggests to group the cases and then form groups of
   people with similar interests and then have a leader of each group.

   Marc: seems to be a good idea because discussion is easier in
   smaller groups
   ... first step: sort usecases into core group
   ... go now into usecases that have not been sorted, e.g. UC 4:
   usability studies
   ... should it be a separate top level usecase?

   Christian: includes several aspects from the other top level UCs, so
   "yes", but in a way it's just another way of emotion annotation

   Marc: which criterions for top level UCs?
   ... suggest: independent from domain, look at what type of emotion
   information is needed by UC
   ... So it might be part of UC 1

   IanWilson: most UCs have cross-over elements
   ... just look at the main aspects to classify them

   Marc: can we agree that sensory data is not part of emotion
   annotation?
   ... one needs "linking mechanism", e.g. through time-codes

   ryager: suggests common glossary of terms

   Marc: Humaine started one but has not finished..

   ryager: doesn't have to be a big one, but terms used in UC
   descriptions should be clarified.

   <scribe> ACTION: ryager to collect list of key terms sent by the
   others to the mailing list and publish on wiki - due before next
   meeting [recorded in
   [18]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/emotion/minutes-2006-10-09.html
   #action02]

   <scribe> ACTION: all to send key term explanations to mailing list -
   due well before next meeting ;-) [recorded in
   [19]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/emotion/minutes-2006-10-09.html
   #action03]

   Marc: perhaps merge top use case (TUC) 1 and 2? (automatic vs. human
   annotation)

   Kostas: sees differrent scopes so it depends on what you need the
   annotations for

   felix: looks at both because automatic annotation is based on human
   labeler

   IanWilson: keep the separation and include usability UC to TUC2

   <Marc> [20]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/emotion/wiki/UseCases

     [20] http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/emotion/wiki/UseCases

   <Marc> jianhua, your use cases:

   <Marc> what do you think about the categorisation in terms of top
   level use cases?

   <Jianhua> Marc, I'm not online, I have some problem with phone call

   felix: can a use case belong to several TUCs?

   Marc: no, should be split up then.
   ... with exception of Jianhuas work we classified everything

   IanWilson: UCs 3c and 3d can be seen together

   <scribe> ACTION: all to reclassifiy their use cases in the TUCs on
   the wiki - due 22nd oct [recorded in
   [21]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/emotion/minutes-2006-10-09.html
   #action04]

   <Jianhua> I'm back

   Marc: itemize your UCs with small roman numbers if they belong to
   other UCs already mentioned.

   Enrico: annotate affiliation with UCs?

   Marc: if you want, do it!

   Jianhua: also can classify his UCs into TUCs if splitting them
   between TUC1 and 2.
   ... and TUC3

   CAPTION:

   Summary of agreed re-sorting of use cases into the Top-level Use
   Case (TUC) structure

   Use cases from Ian Wilson: merge 3c and 3d (event-based...); 3e
   belongs to 3a "Affective reasoner"

   Use case from Fraunhofer/Christian: 4a is linked to TUC 2

   Use case from NTUA/Kostas: 4b is linked to TUC 2

   Uase case from Loquendo/Enrico and Paolo: for 5a and 5b, the data
   annotation aspect is linked to TUC 1, the online generation aspect
   to TUC 3 (online generation aspect); 6 is linked to TUC 1.

   Use case from DTAG/Felix: data annotation aspect should be merged
   into TUC 1, classification aspect into TUC 2.

   Use case from Paris8/Catherine and Myriam: belongs to TUC 3.

   Use case from EPFL/Alejandra: belongs to TUC 3.

   Use case from CSTR/Rob: data analysis aspect belongs to TUC 2,
   online generation aspect to TUC 3.

   Use cases from CAS/Jianhua: "Emotion recognition from dialogue
   speech": data annotation aspect belongs to TUC 1, classification
   aspect to TUC 2; "Generate emotional speech" belongs to TUC 3;
   "Multimodal based emotion recognition" belongs to TUC 2; and
   "Expressive facial animation" belongs to TUC 3.

   Use case from ISI/Stacy: Element 1 "cognitive emotional state"
   belongs to use case 3a "affective reasoner"; Element 2 "inverse
   mapping" belongs to TUC 2; and element 3 "annotate videos" belongs
   to TUC 1.

   Use cases from UPM/Juan: "Emotion identification" belongs to TUC 2;
   "Text annotation" belongs to TUC 2; "Speech synthesis" belongs to
   TUC 3; "Annotation for facial or gestural behaviour" belongs to TUC
   3.

Extract requirements from use cases

   Marc: volunteers needed to coordinate discussion of requirements
   within the TUC groups.
   ... who can coordinate for TUC 1?
   ... who can coordinate for TUC 2?

   Christian: volunteers for TUC2

   Marc: who can coordinate for TUC 3, generation?

   <Jianhua> I would like to coordinate for TUC 3

   IanWilson: TUC3 !

   Jianhua: also volunteers, we both can do jointly

   Marc: ok, IanWilson and Jianhua for TUC3
   ... for TUC1 someone can be found later, no problem

Date of next meeting

   Marc: next meeting: Monday 13th November, 15:00 UTC?

   <Jianhua> it's ok for me

   ryager: how about 30 oct?

   <Kostas> ok for me too

   <IanWilson> i may or may not be able to make it

   Marc: next meeting: Monday 30th October, 15:00 UTC?

   all: agreed!

Any other business

   <scribe> ACTION: Marc to send instruction on how to mute the phones
   to anybody - due before next meeting [recorded in
   [22]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/emotion/minutes-2006-10-09.html
   #action05]

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: all to reclassifiy their use cases in the TUCs on the
   wiki - due 22nd oct [recorded in
   [23]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/emotion/minutes-2006-10-09.html
   #action04]
   [NEW] ACTION: all to send key term explanations to mailinglist - due
   well before next meeting ;-) [recorded in
   [24]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/emotion/minutes-2006-10-09.html
   #action03]
   [NEW] ACTION: everybody who wants to comment on their usecases on
   public mailing list - due 16th oct. [recorded in
   [25]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/emotion/minutes-2006-10-09.html
   #action01]
   [NEW] ACTION: Marc to send instruction on how to mute the phones to
   anybody - due before next meeting [recorded in
   [26]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/emotion/minutes-2006-10-09.html
   #action05]
   [NEW] ACTION: ryager to collect list of key terms send by the others
   to the mailing list and publish on wiki - due before next meeting
   [recorded in
   [27]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/emotion/minutes-2006-10-09.html
   #action02]

   [End of minutes]
     _________________________________________________________


    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [28]scribe.perl version 1.127
    ([29]CVS log)
    $Date: 2006/10/11 10:40:34 $

     [28] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [29] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/


Dr.phil. Felix Burkhardt
T-Systems Enterprise Services GmbH
Business Unit Technologiezentrum - Standort Berlin
Goslarer Ufer 35, 10589 Berlin
Tel. 	+49 30 -3497 2218
Mobile: +49 151 16710189
Fax 	+49 521 -92100512
E-Mail: 	Felix.Burkhardt@t-systems.com
Internet: <http://www.t-systems.com>
Received on Wednesday, 11 October 2006 11:34:24 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 8 January 2008 14:21:16 GMT