W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-xg-emotion@w3.org > November 2006

[EMOXG] minutes: 2006-10-30 Emotion XG telecon

From: Baggia Paolo <paolo.baggia@loquendo.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2006 09:59:49 +0100
Message-ID: <F534D6940BB4C447874590AC0B2955718B51B6@PTPEVS106BA020.idc.cww.telecomitalia.it>
To: <public-xg-emotion@w3.org>
Cc: "Baggia Paolo" <paolo.baggia@loquendo.com>, "Zovato Enrico" <enrico.zovato@loquendo.com>, Marc Schröder <schroed@dfki.de>

Dear all
The [1] record of the 3rd Emotion XG telecon is ready for review.

  [1] http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/emotion/minutes-2006-10-30.html

Best,
Paolo Baggia

minutes as text attached.

=============================================================================

3rd Emotion XG telephone conference

30 Oct 2006

=============================================================================

  [2] Agenda:
    [2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-emotion/2006Oct/0026.html

  See also: [3] IRC log
    [3] http://www.w3.org/2006/10/09-emotion-irc     
      
Attendees

  Present :
	Paolo Baggia, Felix Burkhardt, Alejandra Garcia Rojas, Kostas Karpouzis, 
	Juan Montero, Hannes Pirker, Marc Schröder, Ian Wilson, Enrico Zovato 

  Regrets :
	Jean-Claude Martin, Laurence Devillers, Jianhua Tao, Stacy Marsella 
		  
  Chair :
	Marc Schröder     
			
  Scribe :
	Paolo Baggia 

=============================================================================

Contents

  * Topics 
    1. Practice muting / unmuting oneself 
    2. Minutes of previous meeting 
    3. Reviewing action items from previous meeting 
    4. How to discuss requirements for the three "top-level" use cases 
    5. Date of next meeting 
    6. Any other business 
  * Summary of Action Items 

=============================================================================

Minutes
 
 
	<Marc> akim, read agenda from 
	http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-emotion/2006Oct/0026.html


1. Practice muting / unmuting oneself

	<Marc> info on how to mute oneself: 
	http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-xg-emotion/2006Oct/0002.html
	
	Marc: Experiments done. We can move on the agenda


2. Minutes of previous meeting

	Marc: Are there any comments on previous minutes?
	
	<IanWilson> I'm ok

	Marc: No objections. Minutes approved.
     
     
3. Reviewing action items from previous meeting

	ACTION: all to reclassify their use cases in the TUCs on the wiki - 
	due 22nd oct[recorded in 
	http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/emotion/minutes-2006-10-09.html#action04]

	<IanWilson> yes 

	<Alejandra> yes, a bit

	<IanWilson> looks good

	<hannes> yes a bit   
	
	Marc: In my opinion, it is in shape to start discussion on requirements.
	... Invite everybody to discuss critically. Comments?   
	
	Kostas: I was doing the Use Cases. The 2a and 2b: should be splitted in 
	... annotation and then to synthesis.

	Marc: Someone said that there are different annotations for machines and 
	... humans. I'm worried too that use cases are so big and very
	... heterogeneous. How to carry out the discussion?                         

	IanWilson: We can review them and factor out the common points.

	Marc: It makes sense. How to do that?

	IanWilson: Each leader can propose a common requirement and then propose 
	... to thesmall group for starting discussion.

	Marc: It seems fine. Split the work for the three groups.

	Marc: ... Action (in agenda) Reclassify is closed

	<IanWilson> Marc, my comments were tied to agenda item 4, bye the way.

	ACTION: all to send key term explanations to mailinglist - due well before 
	next meeting [recorded in 
	http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/emotion/minutes-2006-10-09.html#action03]

	Marc: About send key terms. Only Ian sent them.
	... In the short term, it will help people to understand and in the long
	... term it will be very valuable for all.
	
	Kostas: Can you start a Wiki page on Glossary?

	Marc: I'm very happy to have it, but Rachel should collect it and publish it.

	<scribe> NEW ACTION: All to send key terms to the public list [recorded in 
	http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/emotion/minutes-2006-10-30.html#action02]

	<scribe> NEW ACTION: Kostas to set up a Wiki page with Terms (Glossary)
	[recorded in 
	http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/emotion/minutes-2006-10-30.html#action03]

	ACTION: everybody who wants to comment on their usecases on public mailing
	list - due 16th oct. [recorded in 
	http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/emotion/minutes-2006-10-09.html#action01]

	<IanWilson> I think we should leave comments now
	
	Marc: Few people sent comments on the Use Cases to the public list.
	... Action (in agenda) Commenting Use Cases in public list is CLOSED

	ACTION: Marc to send instruction on how to mute the phones to anybody -  
	due before next meeting [recorded in 
	http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/emotion/minutes-2006-10-09.html#action05]

	Marc: Action (in agenda) Send Instructions is CLOSED

	ACTION: ryager to collect list of key terms send by the others to the  
	mailing list and publish on wiki - due before next meeting [recorded in
	http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/emotion/minutes-2006-10-09.html#action02]

	Marc: Two Actions are still open send key terms and for Rachel to collect
	... them


4. How to discuss requirements for the three "top-level" use cases

	Marc: Ian said that people who will lead the discussion should make a 
	... proposal.

	<IanWilson> good questions

	Marc: How we can select who are the other? Risk to talk to everybody is
	... to talk to nobody
	
	<IanWilson> How about direct maill and cc the mailing list?

	Marc: Another option is to create smaller phone meeting.   
                                                    
                                                    
	<IanWilson> Phone would be difficult. I think.
	<Alejandra> and could we can use the wiki? to have like a working document?  

	Hannes: Discuss over the phone is difficult

	<hannes> Agree that phone would be too tedious

	<Felix> I think cc the public mailing list but also identify smaller group  
	... and mail them special is best

	Marc: Ian says the phone is difficult and Alejandra proposes to use the 
	... wiki. I'm happy with that, but each group can do in different ways.

	IanWilson: Having more phone meetings will be difficult.

	Marc: Meeting are important for milestones.

	<Alejandra> yes

	Paolo: From other group experiences: start on a written contribution, 
	... then email discussion on it and finally phone discussion.

	Marc: Agree on the proposal and also other people
	... We need to appoint someone to lead discussion on Use Case 1

	Marc: invited experts with expertise in databases: Laurence Devillers  
	... and Jean-Claude Martin they are volunteering for driving Use Case 1

	<hannes> great!

	<IanWilson> great! ;)

	All: Agrees      

	Marc: They gave very good comments already in Humaine.

	IanWilson: Very happy

	Marc: No objections.
	... people with responsibility should be present or notify with regrets 
	... email. IanWilson, you are the only one present. Can we start the
	... discussion?

	IanWilson: We need to decide who will be in the groups.

	Marc: Being that the discussion is public all can contribute, but the
	... one who sent use cases should be.

	Paolo: propose to use a W3C questionnaire to ask directly to the people
	... in the group

	<scribe> NEW ACTION: Paolo to collect information about questionnaire  
	and send them to Marc [recorded in 
	http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/emotion/minutes-2006-10-30.html#action04]

	Marc: How we structure the discussion? When the next meeting will be?
	... How long will it take to summarize the Use Cases?
	
	IanWilson: It is not a big deal. If we have the questionnaire results.

	<IanWilson> ok

	<IanWilson> 2 weeks

	<Alejandra> until next meeting...  

	Paolo: We can send questionnaire this week and then leave it open for one
	... week.
	
	Marc: OK, so summaries should circulate after Nov 13th
	... Then we need to discuss for 2 week.     

	IanWilson: I think to have a longer period.  

	Marc: We can push the discussion to start. 

	IanWilson: We need to specify clearly what the people need to do.   

	Marc: Add it to the questionnaire
	

5. Date of next meeting

	Marc: proposal Monday Nov 27th.

	<hannes> ok for me

	<Alejandra> ok   

	<hannes> thanksgiving will be Nov 22 2007

	<Felix> I do have another meeting on mondays before 12:00  

	<Kostas> no problem with earlier time with me

	<hannes> mondays starting 13 UTC (12 CET) is ok

	Marc: Leave open the question about time slots. \

	<IanWilson> ok   
	
	<hannes> ok  

	<jmontero2> ok

	<Felix> ok

	Marc: Two time slots; this one 15 UTC or two hours earlier 13 UTC

	<scribe> ACTION: Marc to send the questionnaire to appoint for the  
	use case discussion [recorded in 
	http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/emotion/minutes-2006-10-30.html#action06]

	<scribe> ACTION: Lead of the subgroup to send the summary after 2 week  
	from now [recorded in 
	http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/emotion/minutes-2006-10-30.html#action05]


6. Any other business

	<IanWilson> thank you marc
	
	<Alejandra> thanks, bye
	
	<IanWilson> bye
	
	<Felix> bye
	
	Marc: OK, not comments. We need to solve the practical points.

=============================================================================

Summary of Action Items

	ACTION: All to send key terms to the public list [recorded in 
	http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/emotion/minutes-2006-10-30.html#action02]
	
	ACTION: Kostas to set up a Wiki page with Terms (Glossary) [recorded in 
	http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/emotion/minutes-2006-10-30.html#action03]
	
	[NEW] ACTION: Paolo to collect information about questionnaire and send  
	them to Marc [recorded in 
	http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/emotion/minutes-2006-10-30.html#action04]
	
	[NEW] ACTION: Marc to send the questionnarie to appoint for the use case 
	discussion [recorded in 
	http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/emotion/minutes-2006-10-30.html#action06]
	
	[NEW] ACTION: Lead of the subgroup to send the summary after 2 week from  
	now [recorded in 
	http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/emotion/minutes-2006-10-30.html#action05]
 
[End of minutes]

=============================================================================

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.127 (CVS log)
$Date: 2006/11/02 13:52:45 $


Gruppo Telecom Italia - Direzione e coordinamento di Telecom Italia S.p.A.

================================================
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
This message and its attachments are addressed solely to the persons above and may contain confidential information. If you have received the message in error, be informed that any use of the content hereof is prohibited. Please return it immediately to the sender and delete the message. Should you have any questions, please send an e_mail to <mailto:webmaster@telecomitalia.it>webmaster@telecomitalia.it. Thank you<http://www.loquendo.com>www.loquendo.com
================================================
Received on Friday, 3 November 2006 09:00:25 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 8 January 2008 14:21:16 GMT