From: Michael LEITGAB <Michael.LEITGAB@unoosa.org>
Date: Thu, Mar 4, 2010 at 11:49 AM
Subject: [UN SPIDER] REMINDER: UN-SPIDER Regional Africa Workshop, 25-28 May
2010, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
To: unspider@ungiwg.org

  Dear Colleague,
  UN-SPIDER would like to take this opportunity to remind you about our
  invitation to join the UN-SPIDER Regional Workshop âBuilding upon
  Regional Space-based Solutions for Disaster Management and Emergency
  Response for Africa â to take place from 25 to 28 May 2010 in Addis
  Ababa, Ethiopia.
  This workshop, which is being organised together with the United
  Nations Economic Commission for Africa and supported by the Government
  of Austria, will be the major outreach event organised by
  UN-SPIDER on space-based information for disaster risk reduction and
  emergency management for the African continent in 2010.
  Certainly, this regional workshop will ensure that participants become
  aware of the full potential that space-based information offers for
  disaster risk management and emergency response and how to take
  advantage of the existing regional and international opportunities in
  this regard. This will eventually contribute to a reduction in loss of
  lives and property due to disasters in the African continent in the
  future .
  We invite you to submit your application - if you haven't done so yet -
  through our online application form at:
  [1]http://www.un-spider.org/workshop-addis-2010
  The deadline for applications is 26 March 2010. So far we have already
  received applications from a considerable number of highly qualified
  experts who will ensure that the workshop will become a great success.
  For your information, please find attached to this email the
  information note for the workshop containing detailed information about
  the programme, logistics and limited available funding support .
  Looking forward to welcoming you in Addis Ababa in May!
  With best regards,
  Michael Leitgab
  (See attached file: UN-SPIDER Africa Workshop_Information Note.pdf)
  --
  Michael LEITGAB
  Associate Expert