From: Stefane Fermigier <sf@nuxeo.com>
Date: Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 5:59 PM
Subject: Re: Open Letter to the EC about Open Standards and Interoperability
To: paoladimaio10@googlemail.com

Yes, actually it was in the mail body but I've realised it's mangled on
gmail.

Here is the text that was supposed to appear, including the link:

http://www.gt-logiciel-libre.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/GTLL_to_EC_on_IDABC.pdf

--

Hi,

our Open Source Software Thematic Group became deeply concerned two weeks
ago
after we learned that the European Commission was preparing a new version
of the European Interoperability Framework (EIF) with definitions of
interoperability, open standards and maybe even open source completely
void of any substance, allowing any proprietary software vendor to claim
being compatible with the new guidelines.

This concern was, to our knowledge, first publicised by Glyn Moody in his
blog:

http://www.computerworlduk.com/toolbox/open-source/blogs/index.cfm?entryid=2620&blogid=14

To react and try to protect the useful and actionable definitions contained
in EIF v1, we've just written an open letter to Commissioner Kallas and Mr
Garcia Moran:

http://www.gt-logiciel-libre.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/GTLL_to_EC_on_IDABC.pdf

Other useful references about this subject include:

- http://action.ffii.org/eif from our friends as FFII
- http://www.ow2.org/view/Events/OpenLetterIEF from our friends at OW2

Our original announcement (in french) is here:
http://www.gt-logiciel-libre.org/2009/11/lettre-ouverte-eif-v2/

Regards,

  S. Fermigier, Chairman
  System@tic Free / Open Source Software Thematic Group, aka GTLL