Re: On the framework

On 17 Feb 2009, at 14:28, Mandana wrote:

> Renato, are we going to freeze the draft after the next release or
> can we have some modifications on it? I ma..y be able to do some
> modifications by the next teleconference.

I am editing the next version this week and will post this Friday (in
time for next week's teleconference).
If anyone has any major additions to the Framework Report, then please
send them to me for inclusion for this next version. Otherwise, wait
till Friday to see what we have and make comments on that version.

> One thing that we have encountered a number of times and have not
> resolved yet is the deliverables: are we aiming for a domain
> ontology? Or considering the diversity of approaches and users, are
> we thinking of a framework that takes into account this diversity?
> Or something else?

To be frank, we were not chartered to build a domain ontology for EM.
We can recommend that one be done and suggest methodologies for doing
this (and refer to our Framework report)....

> Here is one suggestion. The goal here is to capture the spectrum of
> the approaches (from weak to strong semantic) and to structure what
> has been gathered on wiki, through our discussions, or in other
> documents towards more specific goals.

I like your list!

The Final Report will be a major discussion point at the next
Teleconf. We need great ideas as to what to recommend and volunteers
to help put that report together.

Cheers...  Renato Iannella
NICTA