Fwd: Emergency Management vocabulary/glossaries

fyi

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: <Kerry.Jardine@scotland.gsi.gov.uk>
Date: Mon, Aug 31, 2009 at 10:51 AM
Subject: RE: Emergency Management vocabulary/glossaries
To: paoladimaio10@googlemail.com, renato@nicta.com.au,
chamindra@opensource.lk, Peter.Winstanley@scotland.gsi.gov.uk
Cc: Gregor.Lindsay@scotland.gsi.gov.uk, Charles.Coull@scotland.gsi.gov.uk,
Robert.Spratt@scotland.gsi.gov.uk

 Good morning,

The Cabinet Office have been developing a UK Civil Protection Lexicon, or a
single point of reference on terminology for readers and writers of policy,
guidance, plans and a range of other civil protection documents. The first
release has just been published at www.cabinetoffice.gov.uk/cplexicon and we
will be promoting this to the practitioner community in Scotland for their
reference, so that it serves its function in promoting common terminology.

This first release is also the glossary to the just-published second edition
of the England and Wales guidance - Emergency Response and Recovery. Several
months ago it was agreed to focus on getting that glossary right, and then
do a further phase to cover a wider range of civil protection terminology –
which will then include Scotland specific terms. Work is also afoot to embed
this into the National Resilience Extranet.

If you would like to know any more about the Lexicon please feel free to
contact me, or the author Rob MacFarlane at the Emergency Planni ng College.

Kind regards,

*Kerry** Jardine*

Scottish Resilience: Development Service (ScoRDS)

*Tel.: 01738 602141 / 07825 905 967*