From: Renato Iannella <renato@nicta.com.au>
To: public-xg-eiif <public-xg-eiif@w3.org>
Sent: Tuesday, November 25, 2008 7:41:33 PM
Subject: Re: EIIF draft needs unified person, rigorous when/where, criteria towards common ontology, use of phases

On 25 Nov 2008, at 09:45, Carl Reed wrote:

> Do you know if this document was considered (or not?). If not, why.

From the OWL-Time document:

"We can see from this example that it’s much more concise to use the XML Schema datatype dateTime. However, the advantage of using DateTimeDescription is that it can express more information than dateTime, such as "week", "day of week" and "day of year", so in the above example, we can also know that 01/01/2006 is Sunday, on the first day of the year, and in the first week of the year. "

Like you (and many others), I prefer ISO-8601

Cheers...  Renato Iannella
NICTA