Re: [sahana-maindev] Sahana Web Services -- Status?

Hi Ric,

Welcome to Sahana. Jo did a lot of the work on the Web Services
component in Sahana and should be able to elaborate more. Generally
you are right that we do have a CAP client, however will soon start
work on a CAP broker for Sahana, which is being lead by Nuwan. CAP
however is mainly about alerting and for the other standards and
collaboration use cases the W3C EIIF XG is working to evaluate
existing standards and identify gaps. Sahana will most probably be a
consumer and will work to implement the open standards that are
recommended by this group.

I would be very interested in supporting DMIS/OPEN in Sahana. How open
is the standard? (free, defined by an open community process, has an
open source implementation)

--
Chamindra de Silva
http://chamindra.googlepages.com