Re: Teleconference Today

Renato and all
I am in the tlc but my mike does not work! (nice to hear your voices again)

A couple of thoughst on things I have heard

1. I agreee with Gary's suggestion that we need more high level abstraction
modelling. One example is that 'missing people' is not an entity , 'person'
is an entity, and 'missing' is a state. Unless we identify our top level
entities correctly, we are wasting energy

Just for simplifcation, the model  used in the past is

em provider
em beneficiary
other

if however, we take a different perspective, and we want to model '
incident'
then we do so accordingly

re. Olle's suggestion of the TOC is good, but I heard he said that we should
indentify who 'profits' from the effort. sounds wrong.  I think what we are
planning to provide is a general framework that anyone can use/benefit from,
but this is not 'for profit' work. strictly. right?

future monthly teleconf: ok with me too! this time is good (just have to
find a mike)

speak to you next

cheers

pdm

On Thu, Jul 17, 2008 at 8:05 PM, <paola.dimaio@gmail.com> wrote:

>  Pin: 3443 ("EIIF")
>
> Says that the pincode is not valid
> please reconfirm pin nr
>
>   On Thu, Jul 17, 2008 at 8:18 AM, Renato Iannella <renato@nicta.com.au>
> wrote:
>

>> Teleconference today Thu 17 July at 13:00 UTC.
>>
>> The details (agenda etc) are here: <
>> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/eiif/wiki/2008-07-17>
>>
>> Cheers...  Renato Iannella
>> NICTA