Re: Requirement for 3W interop standard

From: Gary Berg-Cross <gbergcross@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2008 17:40:01 -0400
To: public-xg-eiif@w3.org
I may not be able to dial in tomorrow due to a conflict with a
long-scheduled dental appointment in the morning.

I had one broad suggestion looking at version 1 of the "framework
concepts".

To progress todard a data schema we should organize these into Subject Areas
and probably need to go beyond Who, What Where and Why although these might
be first approximations - people are "who" but are organizations "Who" or
"what" ? ...We have "What" and Who as first order entity in our Framework,
but we also have 2nd order entities that are sub-types of these.

We would need to organize the sub-types into theire higher order types.  For
example if "What" includes "Organizations" it would also include
"activities" , which has many sub-types (like Communicastion). A major one
of these is Diaster-Related Activity, which I've adapted from some health
care models as a start.* *

*Diaster-Related Activity *

Action performed for the purpose of documenting, investigating, reporting on
 or improving the disaster condition of a party.

Diaster-Related Activity  is in turn a* *Supertype of Intervention,
Notification, Observation, Referral.

A sub-type is "Assistance", which we have in our Framework

Diaster-Related Activity  is in turn a* *Supertype of Intervention,
Notification, Observation, Referral.

A sub-type is "Assistance", which we have in our Framework

A second comment is to consider ossible perspectives to support. For various
"activities" our perspectives include:

 *Fact *about an occurred activity

 *Command*, such as a evacuation or vaccination order

 *Master table *of possible activities

 *Definition *

 **

 *Intent *for an outcome of an activity

Well I hope this fragment is useful, more as time permits.

Gary Berg-Cross, Ph.D.

http://colab.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?GaryBerg_Cross<https://mail.em-i.com/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=http://colab.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?GaryBerg_Cross>

Principal in Semantic Technology

EM&I