Re: Requirement for 3W interop standard

On 9 Jul 2008, at 04:56, Chamindra de Silva wrote:

> I would like to inform the group that Sahana and OCHA is working on
> building some interop between the 3W applications in both systems.
> With regard to this we need to come up with an interop standard in
> this space. This initial discussion we had in the F2F on the Who is
> doing What Where use case ( http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/eiif/wiki/WWWWCoord
>  ) will be of value for us, however we need to now look at evolving
> this into a interop standard. Does anyone know of a existing
> standard for 3W data?

As Gavin indicated, CIQ would be useful for the "who" and part of the
"where" and you could look at GeoRSS for the (spatial) "where". The
"what" could be new "roles" as part of CIQ.

This is a good example of what this XG can do and provide back to the
community.

For example, we can look at what is required to move towards full
specifications for the two Use Cases we now have (WWWW and Missing
People). And make recommendations based on that.

Cheers...  Renato Iannella
NICTA