Re: Welcome - a good potential reference document

In 2006, the US National Academy of Sciences completed an activity on the
use of geospatial content and services in times of emergency. The
information is:

SUCCESSFUL RESPONSE STARTS WITH A MAP
Improving Geospatial Support for Disaster Management
Committee on Planning for Catastrophe: A Blueprint for Improving Geospatial
Data, Tools, and Infrastructure
Mapping Science Committee
Board on Earth Sciences and Resources
Division on Earth and Life Studies
NATIONAL RESEARCH COUNCIL OF THE NATIONAL ACADEMIES
THE NATIONAL ACADEMIES PRESS

http://books.nap.edu/openbook.php?isbn=0309103401

There are a number of sections on standards, interoperability, semantics,
and so forth.

Cheers

Carl Reed
OGC