  From: Chamindra de Silva
  To: Nigel Snoad
  Cc: paola.dimaio@gmail.com ; Gavin Treadgold ; public-xg-eiif
  Sent: Monday, August 11, 2008 10:46 PM
  Subject: Re: Requirement for 3W interop standard (new proposed schema attached)

  In Sahana we have these two as separate modules.

  1) "Who is doing What Where" is the traditional 3W application called the Organization Registry.

  2) "Who _needs_ What Where" is a bulletin board of people requesting aid on behalf of a victim group in the field called the (Aid) Request Management System. It also track pledges of aid.

  The prior operates at a high level of services provided (e.g. medical, sanitation, food, water) by a responder group across the affected area, whilst the later works with units of aid needed specifically by a victim group (e.g. 100 Tents)

  I would prefer we stick to the traditional sense of the 3W  (i.e. option 1)  to keep things simple for now and to help us can quickly get through the full cycle up to an interop standard recommendation. We can always improve that standard and build it up incrementally from there, though I completely understand that everything is very closely related.