Re: Requirement for 3W interop standard (new proposed schema attached)

Hi Chamindra

I am not sure I agree with your suggested approach. This group, and
its valuable resources should try to work with schemas which are
universally implementable, and not to produce schemas that are 'system
dependent', especially when the system in question, such as Sahana,
does not a particular conceptual or even metadata architecture in
place.

So if you want to make Sahana interoperable with Ocha, thats great i
suggest you use your own project resources (and Mandana is surely
happy to volunteer...)  - and that we as EIIF should gather a
shortlist of  'industry standards' to model upon, there is plenty of
work to be done.

I would not want to see this group effort too influenced by your own
interest in promoting and improving your 'favoaurite' project. Am I
wrong? Apologies if this comes across as very direct, you know that I
say what I think, :-)

PDM

Paola Di Maio
School of IT