Re: Framework Concepts

Renato
thanks a lot for the image, it  provides a good graphical description and
helps us to get us started with some  discussions. Some thoughts  for
consideration

In operational intelligence,  today we are inclined towards 'integrated
models' (for example, integrated management model)

One example here
http://training.mim.org.my/images/mim-himm.gif

In the image above, we see how all the layers (elements of the model) are
'concentric' (ie, part of one another)

This view is consistent with other model definition approaches that are also
quite contemporary (such as holonic structures, which are higly leveraged in
distributed and networked models)

It also places the 'individual' (person) at the center, which is consistent
with the 'user centric' model that are trying to incorporate in our
thinking.

I am sorry during the call I did not expand on the 'user model' idea, which
I think will follow the use cases/ Use cases can help us to define
scenarios, as well as user models.

Essentially, the user model helps us to define 'who is the user' of our
service.
Typically, in my (limited)  work in this domain, we have identified a few
broad 'classes of users'

1) people affected by the emergency
2) family and relatives ( local or remote)
3) emergency workers and volunteers (loca)
4) emergency agencies and organizations (remote)
5) other (governaments, media etc)

these classes can be defined and possibly broken down further, point to
different
information needs and priorities

to further complicate the matter, 'information' is necessary to support
efficient supply and management, but it is not the main priority our nr 1)
User (the person affected by the incident)
so we should find a way in our model to represent the close link between
information and supply.

I woud be interested to hear people's views on the above, and see how we can
develop your visualisation accordingly

cheers

Paola DM

--