Re: Web Audio API is now available in Chrome

On Wed, Feb 2, 2011 at 5:33 PM, Silvia Pfeiffer
<silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com>wrote:

> You can hand over the audio data into the thread (i.e. web worker) and
> then have the web worker execute all the hard work on it.

Indeed. But in the case of realtime processing with JS code,
the main thread will have to wait for the response from the worker
which defeats the purpose of passing it to the worker in the first
place. That's ok for offline processing though.

> We've already had a discussion in the WHATWG about whether
> it might make sense to give web workers direct access to image and
> video data. This probably also makes sense for audio. I think we just
> have to show some use cases / good examples and that can move forward.

Oh yes! Access to media data in workers will be great! .. and spirit
of the patches pointed out by Olli (thanks!) aligns with what I have in
mind.
I'm a bit late into the discussion, but this is all interesting.