Introduction

From: Ricard Marxer Pin <ricardmp@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2010 19:18:11 +0200
To: public-xg-audio@w3.org
Hi all,

Thank you all for the last teleconference, I'm happy to be part of the
group and to participate in this process.  I think I didn't had the
chance to correctly introduced myself then, so I just want to
introduce myself a bit better now.

I'm Ricard Marxer, a PhD student and researcher at the Music
Technology Group, Universitat Pompeu Fabra from Barcelona.  I'm also
partner and one of the founders of BMAT (Barcelona Music & Audio
Technologies).  However I do not represent any of the two in the
audio-xg group, I'm here as an invited expert.

I'm specialized in audio analysis and processing.  I have previously
worked on a music analysis library that is available as free software
( http://www.ricardmarxer.com/loudia ) and I'm currently working on a
graph based audio library as a personal project that is not public.
Currently I'm working on a research project in source separation
techniques applied to real music recordings.

I have contributed with a few small demos for the Mozilla Audio API
team.  I'm not an expert on HTML nor JavaScript but I have worked as a
programming teacher in quite a few post-graduate courses for web
developers and designers.
I believe I can contribute by identifying the needs of people working
on audio analysis and audio processing and designing the API itself.

--
ricard
http://twitter.com/ricardmp