From: public-xg-audio-request@w3.org
[mailto:public-xg-audio-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Tom White (MMA)
Sent: Monday, December 13, 2010 11:46 AM
To: public-xg-audio@w3.org
Subject: RE: Music Notation on the Web

Roger,

	I'm sorry - I didn't really mean that all I care about is pitch
and rhythms.  Music notation carries a ton of other stuff too.  However,
it's not clear to me that subtleties like the exact positioning of a
crescendo wedge are necessary.  I agree that there is meaning in that
positioning, but my instinct is that's going "too far" for a Web display
technique.

Maybe it would help if we got specific about what you are interested in
and what not. Obviously you are interested in all of the performance
instructions (note values and pitches, key, tempo and volume markings,
etc.).... is it only the position (placement on the page) of the
instructions that you do not care about?

Descriptions of problems you had with specific products may not be the
best way to describe your concerns... I think that may tend to lead
people think your concern is limited to some specific implementation. Or
is that actually the case?

Tom White